Latest news provided by Older People Speak Out (OPSO)
- Life Times Issue 58 ( May 2017)
- Life Times Issue 57 ( Mar 2017)
- Life Times Issue 55 (Sept 2016)
- Life Times Issue 54 (July 2016)
- Life Times Issue 53 (May 2016)
- Life Times Issue 52 (March 2016)
- Life Times Issue 51 (February 2016)
- Life Times Issue 50 (January 2016)
- Life Times Issue 49 (December 2015)
- Life Times Special Edition Media Awards 2015 (16 November 2015)
- Life Times Issue 43 (June 2015)
- Life Times Issue 42 (May 2015)
- Life Times Issue 41 (April 2015)
- Life Times Issue 40 (March 2015)
- Life Times Issue 39 (February 2015)
Yvonne was invited to meet with the Prime Minister Hon. Tony Abbott MP at a “Meet the PM morning tea presented by Ross Vasta MP. It was a great event, and the Prime Minister took a lot of time wondering through the crowd and speaking with, and listening too, as many people as possible. Well done Ross Vasta, thank you and thank you for your time Mr. Abbott.
Met with Graeme Innes, Chair of The Attitude Foundation
Read about our mutual vision>here
COTA (Council on the Ageing) Queensland is the Seniors Peak giving older Queenslanders a voice on issues that affect them.
“We are very excited to be launching Radio COTA, a weekly podcast focused on topical and relevant information for older Queenslanders” said COTA Queensland Chief Executive Mark Tucker-Evans. Radio COTA is hosted by media veteran Andy Neil and can be accessed through any mobile device or computer.
“Each week we will be out in the community speaking with Queenslanders of all ages to gather their opinions on a wide range of topics”. “Radio COTA is a new and exciting concept in the delivery of news and information specifically relevant to older Queenslanders.” said Andy Neil. Listen here.
Listen to Yvonne’s interview with Walter Williams about SpecialCare Central Inc.
The department has created two new webpages in the News and Updates section under Ageing and Aged Care, currently on the DSS website:
- Resources for the sector to share with service providers
- Resources for the sector to share with consumers
These pages will be regularly updated with articles for you to adapt for your newsletters, as well as a range of useful resources such as fact sheets, videos and presentations.